Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
Petition to Impeach Donald J. Trump under Article II, Section IV of the United States Constitution
We, the undersigned, do hereby petition the United States House of Representatives to uphold the United States Constitution as a living symbol of democracy, and exercise their civic and moral duty as duly elected representatives of the people of these United States in declaring Donald J. Trump unfit to perform the duties of the office of President of the United States of America under Section IV of Article II of the United States Constitution.
We, the undersigned, submit that President Donald J. Trump has repeatedly demonstrated such incompetence, recklessness, corruption, and low moral character as to warrant immediate convention of those persons and bodies within the House of Representatives necessary to begin urgent proceedings towards an exhaustive inquiry of his impeachable conduct on the following grounds:
- Donald J. Trump’s affiliation with, and support from, Foreign Governments and Heads of State is not in the National Interest and represents a clear and present danger to National Security
- Donald J Trump stands accused, if not charged, in multiple counts in violation of both Civil and Criminal Law, including sexual assault and fraud.
- Donald J. Trump has demonstrated, repeatedly, on camera, in public venues, a reckless disregard for the individual rights and civil liberties of the citizenry of the United States including fundamental Constitutional principles such as Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press.
- Donald J. Trump has repeatedly, on camera, in public venues, encouraged his supporters to use violence and intimidation to achieve their political goals in direct violation of United States Law.
- Donald J. Trump has demonstrated, repeatedly, on camera, in public venues, a reckless disregard for those Human Rights to which the United States of America has been committed with our allies around the globe since the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights at the Palais de Chaillot in 1948, and which include, but are not limited to, the following Conventions establishing the fundamental rights of all humanity to which the United States of America and her citizens have, in all good faith, agreed:
- the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPCG) (adopted 1948 and entered into force in 1951);
- the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees (CSR) (adopted in 1951 and entered into force in 1954);
- the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD) (adopted in 1965 and entered into force in 1969)
- the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) (entered into force in 1981)
- the United Nations Convention Against Torture (CAT) (adopted in 1984 and entered into force in 1987);
- the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) (adopted in 1989 and entered into force in 1990);
- the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of their Families (ICRMW) (adopted in 1990 and entered into force in 2003);
- the Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities(CRPD) (entered into force on 3 May 2008);and
- the International Convention for the Protection of All People from Enforced Disappearance (adopted in 2006 and entered into force in 2010).
- Donald J. Trump has demonstrated, repeatedly, on camera, in public venues, a reckless disregard for the truth, and for the principles, institutions, and individuals that have formed the very heart of American Democracy for more than 200 years.
- Donald J. Trump has demonstrated, repeatedly, on camera, in public venues, a wide range of behaviors that indicate psychological and emotional instability that render him unfit according to evidenced-based criteria and long established standards within the credentialed community of qualified mental health professionals.
This is an urgent petition to all our elected representatives to demonstrate genuine and unflinching leadership in a time of crisis and uphold the values, laws, and traditions of the United States of America by declaring Donald J. Trump unfit and unable to hold the office of President under Section IV of Article II of the United States Constitution.
So say the people of the United States of America
Sign the petition at change.org/p/the-people-impeach-donald-j-trump